An Invitation to Apply for the Position of:
Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School
Brooklyn, New York
About Coney Island Prep
Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School is a rigorous, college preparatory school in South Brooklyn. We believe that every student deserves an opportunity to succeed in the college and career of their choice and accept no excuses in pursuit of this goal. Opened in August 2009, Coney Island Prep currently serves over 350 scholars in grades 5-8. The school will add an additional ninety 5th grade scholars every year until it grows to serve approximately 650 students in grades 5 – 12. On the 2011 – 2012 NYC DOE Progress Report, Coney Island Prep ranked in the top 6% of schools citywide, and has earned an A every year that is has been in operation.
What We Offer
A Well Rounded Program: In addition to a particular emphasis on the basics of reading, writing, and math, we believe in the power and necessity of a rich and varied school day for children, including Art, PE, Ethics, a range of enrichment classes and small group advisory sessions.
A Commitment to Serving the Students Who Need Us the Most: 82% of our scholars live in poverty, 23% are classified as students with special needs, and 13% are English Language Learners.
A Diverse Student Body: The diversity of our student body echoes the diversity of our neighborhood. In our middle school, 47% of our scholars are black or African American, 24% are Hispanic or Latino, 17% are white, and 10% are Asian.
An Entrepreneurial Culture: Our teachers have a significant hand in shaping our direction, both instructionally and culturally, and our expansion provides frequent opportunities for teachers to step up and take on leadership positions.
A Commitment to Professional Development: We have designed a comprehensive professional development program to ensure that all of our teachers receive the support and guidance they need to effectively support the learning of every student, including frequent observation with timely and relevant feedback.
The Operations Manager will design, implement, and manage clear systems, so that Coney Island Prep runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis. The school’s mission drives every decision that is made, and the school’s operations are designed to support an academic program of uncompromising excellence. The Operations Manager will work to ensure that the Principal and the classroom teachers can focus on students rather than on paperwork. He or she will be primarily responsible for ensuring that programmatic guidelines for reporting and implementation are properly followed. The Operations Manager will be hired by the Executive Director, and will report to the Director of Operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Passionate and completely dedicated to Coney Island Prep’s mission and a steadfast belief that all students deserve preparation for the college of their choice
- Unwavering belief that all students can achieve at the highest academic levels
- Results-driven, with experience in, and commitment to, operational excellence
- Detail and solutions oriented
- Professional demeanor, strong work-ethic, with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, delegate and lead by example
- Ambition and desire to grow as a leader
- An entrepreneurial spirit, who embraces the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Bachelor’s degree
- Willingness to be a team player
Purchasing and Financial Management
- Coordinate purchasing for all materials, uniforms, equipment, supplies, books, etc…
- Work with the Executive Director to manage fiscal operations at the school and ensure compliance will CIP’s fiscal policies and procedures
- Work with the Director of Operations to ensure food services comply with all relevant statutes, regulations, and laws.
- Administer student meals with School Food/Nutrition office or alternative vendor
- Manage food distribution, including breakfast, snack and lunch
Data Management and Compliance
- Maintain and update student information, in the areas of academics, personal contact information, health and emergency information, and parental permission, using both the State required database and school database
- Oversee creation and distribution of all reports: progress reports, report cards, attendance, transcripts, and any other records request
- Manage/track attendance and tardiness of students
- Administer student transportation with the Pupil Transportation office
- Coordinate and administer school-wide testing
- Manage staff, student and family surveys
- Collect and maintain all compliance-related records
- Complete school safety manual and hold all necessary safety drills in accordance with regulations
School Event Planning
- Plan and manage logistics and preparations for school events and activities as needed, including but not limited to Family-Teacher conferences, family registration, family orientation, Saturday enrichment days, year-end trips, etc…
- Create and maintain online and paper calendars
- Coordinate and track all visitors and tours
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of technology equipment, implementation of technology training, and managing of technology consultant relationships
- Ensure the school has a fully functioning technology infrastructure
- Manage and oversee the school’s physical condition
- Ensure that the school is neat and clean and that minor repairs are done quickly
- Set up employee mailboxes, room signs, hallway passes, and emergency exit procedures
- Coordinate external communications, including parent letters
- Contract with a full-time or part-time nurse to both provide services and handle student health records and decide who serves as Nurse when (s)he is not on-site
- Complete operations manual
- Implement and manage record-keeping systems, documents, and document requests
- Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
- As a regular full time employee of Coney Island Prep School, you will be eligible for benefits that include medical, dental and vision, as well as a generous retirement benefit package.
- Staff members are provided with laptops and access to all the necessary technology and resources needed to succeed in their work.
April 15, 2013
How to Apply
Interested applicants should go to https://coneyisland.schoolrecruiter.net/Index.aspx to apply for available jobs. Coney Island Preparatory Public Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or familial status, national origin, citizenship or disability.
375 total views, 4 today